Surat Al-Qari`ah (The Calamity) | Mishary Rashid Alafasy |
Abdullah Yusuf Ali Translation:
1. The (Day) of Noise and Clamour:
2. What is the (Day) of Noise and Clamour?
3. And what will explain to thee what the (Day) of Noise and Clamour is?
4. (It is) a Day whereon men will be like moths scattered about,
5. And the mountains will be like carded wool.
6. Then, he whose balance (of good deeds) will be (found) heavy,
7. Will be in a life of good pleasure and satisfaction.
8. But he whose balance (of good deeds) will be (found) light,-
9. Will have his home in a (bottomless) Pit.
10. And what will explain to thee what this is?
11. (It is) a Fire Blazing fiercely!
The theme of this Surah is the Resurrection and the Hereafter. The people are warned: "The Great Disaster! What is the Great Disaster? And do you know what the Great Disaster is?" Thus preparing the listeners for the news of the dreadful calamity, the incident of resurrection is depicted that on that Day, people will be running about in confusion and bewilderment just like so many scattered moths around a light, and the mountains will be uprooted and flown about like carded wool. Then Allah's Court will be established and the people will be called upon to account for their deeds. The people whose good deeds will be heavier than their evil deeds, will be blessed with bliss and happiness, and the people whose good deeds will be lighter than their evil deeds, will be cast into the burning fire of hell.
Source: Malik Al-Qur'an Translation